VLEC, in collaboration with Centro Cultural IberCaja Actur, would like to invite you to a seminar and workshop for teachers.
Venue: Centro Cultural IberCaja Actur
Date: Saturday 28 January 2017
Time: 10:00 to 14:00
10:00 – 11:30 FCE Reading and Use of English Sue Pexton
11:30 – 12:00 Coffee Break
12:00 – 12:30 PET Speaking Sue Pexton
12:40 – 14:00 Workshop: Exploiting your textbook Meta Nelson
The seminar is especially relevant for teachers who are already preparing candidates for FCE and PET, but all are welcome. Susan Pexton, a member of the team of the University of Cambridge presenters in Spain, will present the seminars on Cambridge exams. Meta Nelson will run the workshop.
The seminar will include:
- practical tips to help candidates improve their performance
- information about the different parts of the exam, with practical examples
- information about the marking criteria
- ideas and practical classroom activities
- display of books and materials of interest for teachers preparing candidates for Cambridge exams
- Are you stuck with a coursebook you don´t like very much?
- Don´t you have time to adapt the materials?
- Come along and learn an activity you can use with any coursebook, any age group or ability level.
- Try out a procedure you can use again and again, with minimal preparation, yielding maximum language benefit for your students.
Teachers wishing to attend must first register individually on the Cambridge English Teacher Training website for Spain and Portugal: http://www.cambridgeenglishteachertraining.org/my-account/
They can then select the seminar from the list in the Seminars & Events section or directly via this link: http://www.cambridgeenglishteachertraining.org/viewEvent/?id_event=300 and sign up to attend.
The closing date for registration is Wednesday 25th January.
Places are limited and will be allotted on a first-come-first-served basis: teachers who arrive on the day without having registered previously will only be allowed to attend if there are unallocated places remaining, or if any teacher who has registered fails to arrive.
Certificates of attendance will only be provided for teachers who have registered and attended on the day: they will receive an e-mail after the event with instructions on how to download their certificate.